Stress is one of the main triggers of all our diseases, and, unfortunately, living in the modern society and not having stress is impossible. Expectations that the world often sets for us are too high and our inability to reach up to those sky-high standards leaves us drained and stressed. When we experience stress, our bodies release cortisone and adrenaline hormones which increase blood sugar level, blood pressure and in worst cases can even lead to organ damage. Therefore, it is very important to learn how to get rid of stress until it takes its toll on us.
How do we usually react to stress? Ways of dealing with stress are very different, and, unfortunately, some people don’t know how to deal with stress at all. While doctors often recommend medication, the best ways to deal with stress are natural, because natural stress remedies are easily accessible and have the best effect on us.
Here’s the list of top 7 stress remedies that you can use to release stress:
- Music therapy: Music affects our daily life, and you can use it to ease tensions within. Music is often used in therapy to heal such conditions as personality issues, autism, depression, cancer, etc. Why not to use it to remove stress?
- Outdoor walking: This is the easiest and the most accessible way to forget about stress. In addition to reducing stress, it also enhances our general well-being and mental condition.
- Meditation: Among all these recommendations, meditation is arguably the most important one. Numerous studies prove the beneficial impact of meditation on our well-being. 30 minutes of focused practice can remarkably increase your stress resilience.
- Message: That’s a great example of how a physical activity influences the mind. Massage reduces stress and improves vascular function. Essential oils that are used for massage eliminate anxiety and soothe the mind.
- Sleep well: Those who don’t get enough sleep have more stress hormones in their bodies. You should sleep no less than 7-8 hours a day to give your mind and body the rest that it deserves.
- Exercise: According to numerous studies, regular physical exercise protects you from depression and reduces stress levels. It can be football, tennis, jogging or walking. 30 minutes on a daily basis is what rejuvenates your senses and mind.
- Eating healthy: We become what we eat. Therefore, if all we eat is these horrible hamburgers, then we will turn into sad unhealthy hamburger ourselves. Eat more fruits, vegetables, nuts and whole-grain cereal and you will arm your body with powerful stress-resilient agents. Also, abstain from soda and choose clean water or natural Chinese tea.
And the last but not least – think positively and find time for a good laugh! Talk to your mind more than it talks to you and sends it positive messages. As for laughing, it releases endorphins – hormones of happiness.
Never forget that being happy is the best cure for stress!