Several Ways of How Americans Celebrate July 4
Jul 03, 2017
Parades, fireworks and barbecues are the words that characterize Independence Day the best. Baseball games are also popular on this day. All people get together with their family members, beloved friends as well as neighbors in order to eat tasty food, talk a lot and set off wonderful fireworks.
The holiday was established in 1941. However, even in the 1700s Americans celebrated Independence Day.
All started on July 2, in 1776, when the Continental Congress voted for independence. As a result, the delegates adopted the Declaration of Independence on July 4.
The war for independence started in 1775 and finished only in 1783. The British left the colonies in America and the United States gained an opportunity to become an independent country.
From that time till nowadays, Americans have not forgotten all those battles, many deaths, and the valor that the founders of the USA had to have in order to state that America was independent and Great Britain did not have the authority over them.There is a great number of ways to observe Independence Day. In this post, you will get acquainted with the most famous ways to celebrate it.
There is a great number of ways to observe Independence Day. In this post, you will get acquainted with the most famous ways to celebrate it.
- Americans love parades. They usually begin parades at midnight. The streets in most towns and cities are filled with cheerleaders, floats and horses, especially when the weather is beautiful. In addition, lots of military units appear in the streets. Apart from that, there are marching bands and a lot of flag waving.
- Barbecue is also an important part of the celebration. On this day, practically in all neighborhoods, Americans cook grilled food like burgers, hot dogs, steaks, etc. Coming together for a barbecue is a perfect idea to communicate and celebrate on July 4.
- Probably no one can resist buying fireworks on this day. This has become an American tradition to take a trip to a stand where all that stuff is sold and purchase sparklers, Roman candles and ground flowers.
- What is more, if you don’t like doing fireworks yourself, you can take advantage of an opportunity to admire how others do that. For instance, you could visit a firework show.
- What about flying the flag of America? This sounds really great! On this day, the US military celebrate independence with saluting to the US flag. According to the tradition, troops should fire 50 gunshots meaning the 50 states of the United States. You can also wave the flag and honor the people who made America an independent country.