Types of Case StudiesThere is no universal case study format. Instead, different purposes imply using different types of papers. What is the main aim of using them? The main aim is to do an in-depth analysis of a problem in a particular environment, organization, or situation.
The categories are the following:
- Critical instance
Case Study FormatTypically, all types of case study have a format of 8 sections:
- Executive summary. This part gives an explanation of the subject and provides an overview of the researched field. Not more than two sentences ought to give a summary of the observation results. The quality of a thesis statement is of great importance here.
- Background. This section gives a definition of the issues, includes background details, and refers to the key facts.
- Evaluation of the case. This is a part about the key study sections for your specific research with explanations on the reasons of why something is not working.
- Offered solutions. Learning how to do a case study, you have to pay special attention to realistic methods of solving the problems and potential improvements. It is also a must not only to explain but also to give evidence about the reasons why solutions are effective.
- Conclusion. A summary of the key issues with offered solutions and evaluation makes up a concluding part.
- Recommendation on the strategy to choose. For sure, it ought to give a clear explanation on why the choice is good.
- Implementation. Give your explanation on how it is possible to put the strategies in practice.
- References. Cite all the used sources.
Writer-Elite.com is a great place to buy the best custom papers for those students who want a top-notch written work.
Components of a Marketing Case StudyLet us take a marketing case study as an example to analyze the sections we have discussed above. Thus, we will see how a basic paper can be assembled.
- Writing the title: It is different than it is with a story. Here you do not have to wait till the ending to let everybody know what has happened. The title is a chance to inform the readers about the results at once.
- Introducing the subject: A proper case analysis format implies giving a concise overview of the studied company at once.
- Specify the problems: Give all the important details not to make your readers wonder about what you are going to discuss.
- Identify the tactics and strategies: This is the most essential section and you need to learn how to create a case study to make it really impressive.
- Add visuals: The title serves as a preview and now you need to demonstrate how your work actually goes.
- Draw a conclusion: Repeating things is boring for the readers. However, if you try to give one more emphasis on the most important things, it sounds different. Do not echo your ideas. Instead, sound fresh even if you repeat what you have already told.
How Do You Write a Good Case Study in Marketing?Do you know how to start working on your assigned task? Have you got a full understanding of how to present a case study to the audience? It seems it is easy to work on the task, especially taking into account its length. In most cases, it requires only about 500 words, not more. Nevertheless, writing, editing, and proofreading take a lot of time. You need to focus on the proofs that your subject is important and convince your audience that your research has valid results.
- Follow the structure of an effective marketing case study
- Define a typical problem
- Give measurable solutions
- Give data to illustrate the findings
- Tell a story
- Bring the case to an end
- Can you say that the thesis statement is direct?
- Is the evidence solid?
- Are all case components present?